Thursday, October 20, 2016

Kitchen Remix

We moved back in May of 2016 to our new home in Orange County.  We had small renovation plans, but upon actually moving it it became clear that the kitchen cabinets were not going to work for us.  They were original and let's just say, used but not well loved.  I looked inside one and saw the Blair Witch wave back.  Unusable drawers, cabinets that wouldn't close...needless to say, we switched from small renovations to one large one: a new kitchen.  Here is what they looked like before (seemingly not so bad, I admit, but just trust me on this one).

 


Since we were starting from scratch, of course I set to Pinterest.  Here are my main inspirations:

If you'd like to see more, I have a whole Pinterest board of them HERE.

The space was dark and without many cabinets (but TONS of gorgeous windows).  I wanted a clean, very modern and geometric look for the house, so we opted for flat, white panel cabinets with quartz counters and a silver hexagon back splash.  We added the matte black pulls and faucet and used a composite granite sink in metallic gray.  And now...finally...the finished product!







I'm so in love and cannot wait to fill it and style it with our stuff.  Hit me up in the comments if you like this post and want to see more of our home in later posts!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! It is so bright and light compaired to the before pics. The spashback tiles are the bomb!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! When I saw that tile I was in LOVE!

      Delete
  2. I dig it!! And I adore your pinterest I've never felt so in step with another pinner before! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how much brighter it looks! I love it! I hope I can own my own house one day so I can actually change things. Renting is so strict here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Renting is strict here...I feel extremely lucky to have this kitchen <3

      Delete